Although Paradigm is based in Tokyo, we work with clients all over the world. One of our more recent international projects was rebranding and rebuilding a website for Lincoln School located in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Established in 1954, this innovative and progressive school had a brand that was not helping it to communicate its mission and activities effectively.
To begin the process, we undertook a detailed brand audit and held a virtual workshop to gather the thoughts of the leadership team at Lincoln. We also conducted thorough research on the school’s history and studied a lot about the culture of Nepal.
One thing we learned is that the team was keen to somehow communicate their four philosophical pillars in the new brand, namely: to gain a passion for learning, to have the confidence to pursue dreams, to be a compassionate global citizen, and to be a steward of the environment.
Our final design features the combination of four petals representing these pillars. These are woven together to form a lotus-like flower, which is historically associated with Kathmandu. The design was also created to represent the four mountain ranges that surround Kathmandu.
This new brand was then applied extensively. It can now be found on complete sets of administration stationary, business cards and electronic signatures, as well as security tags, water bottles and a wide range of apparel.
We then set about restructuring and redesigning the website. As there were expected to be many editors and regular updates, WordPress was agreed on as the perfect solution. However, as important as text is to a website, we knew more than ever that great photography would be critical to the success of the project, so we sent one of our best in Tokyo to Kathmandu. The results were better than we could have imagined and really brought the spirit of Lincoln School to life.
The new brand and website has been wholeheartedly embraced by the school board, faculty and student body as a key part of the future for effectively communicating Lincoln School.
One of the key issues of the previous school logo were frequent challenges in its application. There was no proper set of vector files or any guidance on how it should be applied. As a result there were a huge range of inconsistencies in how the school’s identity was seen.