Graphic Designer – Japanese
As a result of our continuous growth and success, we are now looking for a Graphic Designer – Japanese to join our talented and diverse team in Tokyo.
The ideal candidate must have a high level of design sophistication, a keen eye for good photography & illustration, strong typography and layout skills and a good sense for colour, all while delivering original creative work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment. You possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Editorial design and layout of Japan’s leading English-language business magazine, Eurobiz Japan
- Editorial design and layout of PINK magazine, quarterly bilingual breast cancer awareness magazine
- Commission and art direct photography and illustration as necessary
- Consistently deliver exceptional design – in print and on screen
- MANDATORY: Native Japanese language / JLPT N1
- Conversational English
- +5 years professional experience in graphic design
- Highly proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Working knowledge of Sketch/Figma as well as emerging interactive design trends.
- A deep understanding of typography, especially Japanese typography, design elements and principles, and best practices across print and digital
- A portfolio that shows an eye for detail
- An understanding of web design and user experience
- Detail-orientated and pro-active, with the ability to work quickly under pressure.
- Can successfully manage time, process, and workflow
- Understand the critical importance of deadlines.
- Are fascinated by the possibilities of good design and a have a constantly curious mind.
- You take your work — but not yourself too — seriously.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply with a cover letter, CV and portfolio (or link) to show your work.